Christ Hospital Ministry is a non-denominational Christian ministry organization established as an arm of the Body of Christ in Zambia. We identify with the sick, infirm, the lonely, those with low self-esteem, sense of abandonment and loss of hope that is associated with sickness. It is this awareness coupled with love and compassion for the sick that brought Christ Hospital Ministry to birth.
Ours is a specific calling to reach out to all people regardless of their race, tribe, culture, religion or creed. We care for all people who are sick, providing a holistic ministry of care and support for them, based on the unconditional love of our Lord JESUS CHRIST.
We visit the sick in hospitals and homes. We pray for and with them; testimonies abound that God has been working the miracles of healing in the lives of many people touched by Christ Hospital Ministry. The year 2019 was no exception, the work of ministry progressed with remarkable results in the lives of the sick and infirm.
This report highlight our work of ministering to the sick and infirm throughout the year 2019, twice weekly on Sunday and Saturday. We also held a successful health/wellness conference, had counseling sessions conducted and held seminars aimed at sharpening our workers’ cutting edge for effective ministry. Further, we ministered through social support to the patients in need and our 24/7 help-line +260 956 737 499 was available to those who needed our urgent attention.
We are forever grateful to the Body of Christ who prayed and supported us to ensure that the ministry continued being a blessing to thousands. The ministry would not have made it without your prayers. A million thanks to the faithful ministry workers who kept ministering every week reaching out to patients with the hope of recovery from sickness and hope of eternal life in Christ. You made it possible for all of us to keep pushing and you were a huge encouragement to me personally. A sincere thanks to all Board members for the team work spirit exhibited, sacrificing your resources and faithfully serving.
Further, my special thanks goes to all who contributed one way of the other to the success of the ministry during the year under review. Your reward is with the Lord, may God remember you now, at the day of judgment and in the life to come.
God richly bless you. Thank you very much for the year 2019 and to God be all the glory.
Revd Chilekwa Mulenga (Chapl)
BOARD CHAIRPERSON CHM (Z)
AREAS OF OPERATION
NDOLA TEACHING HOSPITAL
1st FLOOR MATERNITY FEE PAYING, GYNAE WARD WEST & MATERNITY B WINGS
2nd FLOOR MALE ORTHOPAEDIC, MALE/FEMALE SURGICAL WINGS
3rd FLOOR MALE & FEMALE FEE PAYING WINGS
4th FLOOR FEMALE MEDICAL EAST AND WEST WINGS
5th FLOOR MALE MEDICAL EAST AND WEST WINGS
POST NATAL WING
MALE & FEMALE MEDICAL FILTER AT CASUALTY
CHM HEALTH/WELLNESS CONFERNCE IN NDOLA FOR THE PUBLIC
OUTREACH MINISTRY AT NDOLA TEACHING HOSPITAL
TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE PREACHED AND MINISTERED TO : 11, 483
TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE COMMITTING TO CHRIST : 2, 499
TOTAL ESTIMATTED NUMBER OF PATIENTS HEALED AND DISCHARGED : over 10,300
HEALTH/WELLNESS FREE MEDICAL CONFERENCE IN NDOLA
NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO RECEIVED FREE MEDICAL ATTENTION : 400
NUMBER OF MEDICAL STAFF MOBILIZED DURING THE CONFERENCE : 15
REPORTED PATIENTS MIRACULOUSLY HEALED AFTER PRAYERS : 31
PATIENTS SUPPORTED WITH FOOD SUPPLY, CLOTHING AND BEDDINGS : 35
PATIENTS SUPPORTED WITH REPATRIATION FUND AFTER DISCHARGE : 7
NUMBER OF PEOPLE ATTENDING COUNSELING AT THE OFFICE : over 25
- We successfully held 2 seminars in March and June, 2019 for volunteers aimed at sharpening the team for effective ministry.
- We witnessed three (3) traditional leaders who were admitted at different times giving their lives to Jesus. Their chiefdoms shall never be the same again.
- We donated assorted medical items to the four government health facilities in Ndola (i.e. Ndola Teaching Hospital, Arthur Davison Children’s Hospital, The Ndola based Military Hospital and the Ndola District Health Office)
- We supported the Medical Christian Fellowship (medical students) with tracts towards an outreach program undertaken into Solwezi Northwestern Province Zambia.
- CHM supported among others an elderly woman who had no relatives in Ndola, from Luapula province whose grandson (Joseph Kunda 18yrs) died, with a coffin and food. The hospital management helped with a Vehicle to take the body to her village for burial. CHM continues to not only preach love but also demonstrate the same. Further, two coffins were bought by CHM Zambia to support two poor families from far places who lost their loved ones while in hospital and had no relatives in the City.
- CHM was privileged to partner with the Zambia Police on the Copper Belt during the Police health and sports day.CHM was privileged to provide free medical check-ups (Bp check, Sugar test, Weight, Counseling and Prayer). A total of 65 officers were attended to by our CHM team in Ndola.
- We supported the Christmas program organized by the Ndola Teaching Hospital Management during which Babies born on Christmas day were prayed for and blessed with gifts.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR UNDER REVIEW
“Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me” (Matthew 25:36)
Seminar with volunteers aimed at sharpening our cutting edge for effective ministry among the sick in and out of hospital. 102 attended.
Teaching on spiritual palliative care for the sick.
Sunday worship service in the NTH chapel.
Arthur Davison Children Hospital receiving a donation (wheelchairs and medical consumables etc) at our office in Ndola.
Blessing kids at the Arthur Davison Children’s Hospital.
Blessed people that needed crutches and glasses for free at our office in Ndola with support from friends and partners.
The Ndola based Military Hospital receiving our donation (wheelchairs, crutches and consumables)
We donated medicals items to the District Health Management Team and Ndola Teaching Hospital.
Rev Chilekwa presenting on CHM in Zambia.
Dr Simutowe talking about diabetes and hypertension at the conference.
Rev Ajibola ministering.
Sr Debby the hospital social worker giving a pair of crutches donated by CHM to a patient in ward #2.
The pictures above accentuate the 2019 health and wellness conference held on the 9th November in Ndola at Lowenthal Theatre. It was such a wonderful time full of God’s power and love. We are grateful to the Lord for the growing partnership with the Ndola Teaching Hospital as can be seen from the ambulance.
All of the above pictures highlight our work among the sick/infirm, seminars for volunteers, free medical check-ups offered during our annual conference, donations made to government institutions and our social support for community compact.
We give God all the glory for the achievements and challenges in the year 2019.The ministry was indeed victorious and prayer remains our secret weapon. Once again, a million thanks for all who supported us in prayer. Blessings and Happy 2020.
Date: 04 – 03 – 2020
‘More people of this world pass through its hospitals than its churches’
LETTERS FROM SOME OF THE GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS TO CHM ZAMBIA IN 2019
THE DONATIONS MADE
DONATION TO THE NDOLA MILITARY HOSPITAL
DONATION TO THE KIDS HOSPITAL IN NDOLA
THE IMPACT MADE
APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM THE HOSPITAL
INVITATION LETTER FROM THE ZAMBIA POLICE
In His Grip